About Us Service Timings Contact Us Route Map Guest Book  
 
 
CHILD CHURCHES (CHURCHES FORMED FROM OUR CHURCH)
 

Home Page
Church History
About Kallooppara
Governing Body
Church Members
Organizations
Our Bishops
Our Vicars
Our Priests
Personalities
Child Churches
Event Calendar
Charity Works
Photo Gallery
 

Being one of the oldest churches in the Niranam Diocese of Malankara Sabha, our church is the parent church to many other churches in and around Kallooppara, Mallappally and Vennikulam. In the early days people from a wide area of land (Mallappally, Kottangal, Vennikulam, Eraviperoor, Thottabhagom, Njalbhagom, Kaviyoor, Kottoor etc) came to the church for worshiping. Later due to the inconvenience in reaching the church from far away places and due to the lack of space due to the increase in the number of members, other churches were formed in respective locations. But still this church holds a special place in the heart of all of them and many of the members of our child churches come and attend mass at the church on important days like Good Friday, Easter, Feasts etc. Given below is a list of all such child churches formed from this church.

[First Page] Page #1  2  [Last Page]
 
Lourde Matha Church, Puthusserry

The church was built in 1923 and belongs to the Chenganacherry diocese of Zero Malabar Churches. It is situated in Eettikal of the 7th ward of Kallooppara Panchayath.

St. Mary's Orthodox Church, Kottoor

The church was built in 1955, due to the request of the families in Kottoor to the then diocese bishop His Garce Thoma Mar Divanasios. Currently there are 100 families worshiping in the church and the church belongs to the Niranam diocese of Malankara Sabha.

Sacred Heart Malankara Catholic Church, Kadamankulam

The church was built in 1920 and is a part of the Malankara Catholic Churches. The church is situated at Govt. hospital junction, Kadamankulam which belongs to the 10th ward of Kallooppara Panchayath.

St. Mary's Jerusalem Orthodox Church, Puramattom

The church was built in 1912 and was renovated in 1960. The church is situated at Puramattom junction which belongs to the 10th ward of Puramattom Panchayath.

St. Thomas Orthodox Church, Eraviperoor

The church is situated in the 2nd ward of Eraviperoor Panchayath.

St. Stephen's Orthodox Church, Kallooppara

The church was built around 70 years ago and came under the Niranam diocese of Malankara Sabha 45 years ago. The church is situated in the 7th ward of Kallooppara Panchayath.

Sleeba Marthoma Church, Njalbhagam, Kaviyoor

The foundation stone for the church was laid in 6th August 1907 and the construction was completed in December 1908. The church is situated at Njalbhagom in Kaviyoor Panchayath.

St. George Orthodox Church, Kadamankulam

A chapel was created at first in 28th September 1947. Then in 1961 the then diocese bishop of Niranam His Grace Thoma Mar Divanasios has lifted the chapel to the status of a parish. In 1962 the present church was built and is situated in the 10th ward of Kallooppara Panchayath.

St. Kuriakose Orthodox Church, Puramattom

The church was built in 22nd April 1963 in the name of Kuriakose Sahada. The church is situated at Puramattom which belongs to the 10th ward of Puramattom Panchayath.

[First Page] Page #1  2  [Last Page]